Working with thumbnail sketches.
Oftentimes, using a series of thumbnail sketches to nail down a design is a helpful first step in any artwork production. In my beadwork, this is one of the tools that helps to bring a design to fruition. Here are my top ten reasons why:
- Provides an easy way to document your vision
- Cultivates skill in intentional designing
- Anyone can do it (basic line drawing for your eyes only)
- Quick, minimal detail
- Memory & planning tool
- Keeps you focused on the big picture
- Excitement about the design is longer lived
- Easy way to make revisions as ideas mature
- Time saver in the design process over time
- Use it as a guide as you create the design
Next week, I’ll show you some of my thumbnail sketches and how I enlarge them to use them for placement in a design. Don’t miss it!
As always, feel free to comment below, or email me with any questions you may have!